Glad to have found this forum

Why I created this forum

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

JessicaWriter85

Glad to have found this forum

Postby JessicaWriter85 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi all,

I'm 29, and I've had CP my entire life -- spastic diplegia, more precisely, and I have leg braces and crutches. I have an absolutely amazing support system -- a great family, a loving husband, and friends who really care about me. But, I've been realizing more and more as I get older that there are some things about living with a disability that non-disabled people just don't get. Sometimes it's simple things, and sometimes it's more complicated ones, but whenever it happens, it's easy for them to create such frustration, because there really isn't a way to explain it. I hope that connecting with some people on this forum might help a bit with that. :)

Looking forward to fun discussions and great debates,
JessicaWriter85

admin
Site Admin

Re: Glad to have found this forum

Postby admin » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:51 am

Hi Jessica,
Welcome to the forum and I am glad to have you as a member. I have spastic diplegia as well and walk with crutches. I'm glad to hear you have great support. It always helps. I have wonderful parents and a wonderful wife and daughter. I feel your pain. It does get more difficult with age but try not to dwell too much on what others think or their level of understanding regarding your disability. I know it can be hard but it is important to focus on yourself.