Mum of daughter with poss. CP in Australia.

Why I created this forum

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

kristy77

Mum of daughter with poss. CP in Australia.

Postby kristy77 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:20 pm

My daughter was born last July at only 24 weeks gestation. At 13 days old Hayley contracted E Coli Meningitis and thankfully survived it (she was the only one to survive this infection out of the three bubs in her room that had it). Between the meningitis and the grade 1 IVH (brain bleed) that she had, she ended up with scarring on her brain that caused Hydrocephalus. At about 6 months old, Hayley had a VP shunt put in to control the Hydrocephalus. At the same time she also had a routine brain MRI scan which showed the significant scarring on both ventricles. At the time, the neurologist said we won't know whether or not she has CP unless she starts to show symptoms. Over the past few months I noticed some symptoms I recognised as mild CP (I used to work looking after patients with CP, among other special needs). Then at Hayley's 8 month (corrected) Growth and Development clinic, the paediatritian said she is showing the indicators for CP, but that they can't officially diagnose her until 12 months corrected. A couple weeks later she was sent to a Physio (different to her usual physio) who works alot with CP children, and she also pre-diagnosed Hayley with CP. That afternoon we took Hayley to her private Paediatrician who also chacked her over and told us he believes she has CP.
At this stage the hardest thing is not having a definite 'diagnosis', as we have been referred to the CP association and local special needs playgroup by the G&D clinic, but we can't 'officially' join anything or get any specific help until the drs sign the papers at her 12 month clinic.
Anyway, a little about us: Hubby and I have 4 children whom we Homeschool. I love being a full time homeschooling mum, while hubby works a roster of 8 days on 5 days off. We are hoping to get into farming one day, as we love it (hubby's rellies are farmers). We are also very strong born-again Christians.
I am looking forward to meeting with others on this forum and learning more, particularly about mild cerebral palsy and what it may mean for us.

helpisathand

Re: Mum of daughter with poss. CP in Australia.

Postby helpisathand » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:18 pm

Usually I have found that most conditions of cerebral palsy has to do with the presence of virus or bacteria in the brain cells. The remedy is straightforward, I would just try the hourly lysine 1000 mg for 6 hours, for three days. Should fever rises during that one of the three days, usually this indicates the presence of virus in brain cells and the recurring dizziness should go away. If that is so the case is virus, and elaboration of remedy shall include lithium, lysine, glutamine, citrulline, and threonine to kill the rest of the virus. For example, if tested positive, then lysine, glutamine is taken a 1/2 teaspoon of each for 6 hours for roughly 5 days, a lithium chloride 10% solution is prepared and taken once a day at roughly 10 to 20 drops. The citrulline is taken at only 1/8 teaspoon twice a day, with threonine added at 1/4 teaspoon along with lysine, glutamine dose. Lithium will kill the remaining virus. Over the longer term some licorice extract maybe taken should there is some remaining viruses left over. I have as yet to test the licorice extract to see if it does kill the remaining 5% viruses once the immune system has killed most of them, usually in a matter of 2-3 days. The rest of days after that is just maintenance does to prevent infection. Usually a viral of nature exist along the nerves that control the balance, as similar as Meniere's disease that was cured, or contained in several people who do have it.

please visit this site...earth clinic...you will be amazed by the natural cures..God Bless

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/progre ... palsy.html

kristy77

Postby kristy77 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Thankyou.

subrata

Postby subrata » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:59 am

Cerebral palsy (CP) is a physical condition that primarily affects movement. In Australia, every 18 hours a child is born with cerebral palsy.

Cerebral Palsy Australia is a national body of 13 state and territory Member Organisations that positively contribute to the community through research and service development for people with cerebral palsy.

We promote the interests, rights, roles and wellbeing of people with cerebral palsy and similar disorders.