New & Here to Learn!

Why I created this forum

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

Sanvean17

New & Here to Learn!

Postby Sanvean17 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Although I am not a person afflicted with CP, or (at least knowingly) am aquainted with an individual living with Cerebral Palsy myself, I am interested in someday working with people, of all ages and abilities, living with special needs and developmental disabilities.

I myself know some of the challenges of growing up with a difference, having a four-year-old sibling with Down Syndrome and having an autism disorder myself (clinically diagnosed).

I decided to join the CP Forum to learn more from individuals living with the condition, as well as their families, rather than only depending on textbooks - because who knows better about a condition than a person living with it?

I hope my presence here is not too strange, for it is purely with positive intetion. I just want to learn more about the spectrum of abilities of those living with this physical (and occasionally, intellectual) challenge, in hopes that someday if I work with a person with CP, I can give them the respect and care that they deserve. Just the same as I wish I had in my own childhood and for my sister, growing up.
--------------------------------------------------
"I've been really, really anti-social for the past few years, and I'm just starting to get over it, and come out of my shell, and be able to like people again" - D'Arcy Wretzky

subrata

Re: New & Here to Learn!

Postby subrata » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:30 am

Thanks for joining.Try to learn how people share one another feelings here. :)