Son with CP

Why I created this forum

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

Kmlmommy

Son with CP

Postby Kmlmommy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi,
My 2.5 year old son has spastic Cerebral Palsy. He is able to crawl in his own way, but cannot sit or walk independently yet. He is involved in physical, occupation and speech therapy at this time.
I am just looking for any and all information and advice from other parents, caregivers or people living with CP.
We are in the beginning stages of considering Botox treatment for his legs in order to help him lower his tone and possibly be able to walk. Any advice or knowledge on this procedure??
Thank you so much!!
Heather

kottwitzfamily

Re: Son with CP

Postby kottwitzfamily » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi
We have three children with Cerebral Palsey. Our oldest 8 is alot like your son. We done botox. Several times. It was a mistake. The pian and it wore off so fast. We found out that was a mistake. With all the risk. He walked for while then went wheel chaired bound. So we fought the doctors for his age they wouldn't do surgery to extend is tendons. But eventually doctor done it and was a success he been walking for while alot of braces and therapy. And yes eventually he might have to agian. But what we learned was BOTOX just a preventive stress or excuse to put off. Swimming and braces until he gets to piont he can't stop fallin. Push for extension of tendons. Hes your son make doctors do what you feel comfortable with. Don't listen to all excuses.

JoyRG

Re: Son with CP

Postby JoyRG » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi Heather, I don't have any advice on Botox, but I am really impressed with the results that my friend is having with her twins who have both been diagnosed with CP. They have only had 4 treatments with a McTimoney Chiropractor but already the results have been amazing. The boy is now walking much better, with his feet flatter on the floor, and his sister is now able to sit much better, even the nursery that they attend have noticed the improvement. If you are in the UK I suggest that you look for your nearest McTimoney Chiropractor who is happy to treat children. HTH Joy