Hello Hello

Why I created this forum

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

Usagi

Hello Hello

Postby Usagi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:28 am

Hello all,

My name is Christopher and I'm 28 with CP. I dropped by here so I could start talking to others about what it's like to have cp and to read what it is like for others and parents who are going through it now. My umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck at birth and I nearly died. I went to therapy til I was eight and then refused to do anymore.

Now that I'm older I wish I had kept it up, I may go back into it when I can afford it. I work full time now so I should start saving.

admin
Site Admin

Get back into it!

Postby admin » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:56 am

Hi Usagi,
I was the same way. I went through a lot of PT when I was younger then stopped when I turned about 13. It's on and off for me now. I too need to get back into PT as I think it would benefit me quite a bit....especially since we are only getting older :-)

LizinTX

Postby LizinTX » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:40 pm

Hello Usagi,

My daughter is 10 and I don't give her the choice of going or not--LOL. I am glad that you are here.
Mom to Jacob (13) Type 1 Diabetic, Sarah (10) CP, and proud wife of Dan.

samdeakin

My 3 year old son was recently diagnosed

Postby samdeakin » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi

My 3 year old son was recently diagnosed with mild cp, he always ran on his right tip toe and fell over lots, we never thought it would be as serious as cp. After lots of hospital app and checks, 6 weeks of serial casting Louie was diagnosed. All this is so new to us and I am trying to get as much info as possible on how we can help our son. He now also has to wear leg braces which he does not like at all!! He was diagnosed with spastic deplegia.

Does anyone have any advice for us, would be great to hear from anyone who can help us or share their experiences of cp.

Thanks

Katie

hey

Postby Katie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:14 am

hey cristipher my name is katie and I have CP to I am17. I was born with C.P and like you I nely died at brith cores by lack of oxgen and I came out of my mom not breathing. I nerely ended up in a wheelchir but luckly I can walk. I have got learing difficulties. I'm going to collage in september to studdi Foundation studdys- A diplomer in persoal progress. Where do you work? I do volenty work at a playgroup with disabled children.
I hope to here from you soon
katie

subrata

Re: Hello Hello

Postby subrata » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:10 am

Hi Usagi,welcome here.You wanna share your experience here which must be appreciated.You mentioned that you refused to go through cp at your early age but decided to have it now.It's a good decision.Best of luck. :)

ross88online

Postby ross88online » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:11 am

Hi Usagi,
I was the same way. I went through a lot of PT when I was younger then stopped when I turned about 13. It's on and off for me now. I too need to get back into PT as I think it would benefit me quite a bit....especially since we are only getting older :-)

sadmemories20

Postby sadmemories20 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

subrata

Postby subrata » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:22 am

Hi Usagi thanks for joining.Hope you will go under treatment very soon.Wish you all he best. :)

louissewrigthz

Postby louissewrigthz » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:32 am

I am lucky to found this forum, i specifically be in this forum for I am one of yours as well. I was diagnosed at the age of 5 and yet, Its like an off and on therapy for me but I never stop trying. Hope we will be a warmed welcome to all. Thanks!

dennisse

Postby dennisse » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:48 am

Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.