misdiagnosed w/heart condition at birth

If you think your child may have Cerebral Palsy as a result of medical malpractice, delivery mistakes or birth injuries, post your experiences and get advice here.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

Kathie

misdiagnosed w/heart condition at birth

Postby Kathie » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:15 am

My son who is now almost 16 years old

was misdiagnosed with a heart condition the day of his birth.

he was born premature at 28 weeks.

The Dr. came into my room to tell me that my son had a heart condition and that he would probably die

I told him that on the ultra sounds my son had a four chamber heart. My Dr had looked at all three babies closely. (I had triplets)

The Dr. felt his mustache and thought for a moment--then left the room and I never saw him again.

My son now has severe cerebral palsy and cannot even bear his own weight on his legs without assistance. He can laugh and have a good time. He is also severely mentally retarded.

I suppose the hospital was sure to have covered up as much of this case as possible by now.

admin
Site Admin

I belive its too late to do anything now

Postby admin » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:08 am

Hi,
I looked into my options when I turned 18 as I belive the Dr's made many mistakes that contributed to my CP. I talked to a couple lawyers and they said that you need to do something within a few years of the mistakes. You might want to look around at some lawyers on the internet and see if you could get some advice though. Never hurts to find out.

- Mike

Lori-ann

Postby Lori-ann » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:56 am

My understanding is that there is a 7 year time limit on Malpractise suits. I could be mistaken, so check it out.

Kathie

Postby Kathie » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:28 am

Actually--law suites are not the answer because even if you sue a Dr. that is honestly negligent

all of the other Drs. you will need in your life will be leary to treat you.

and when you are seriously ill from the mistreatment you have recieved (and actually in the case of cerebral palsy there appears to be some other contributing factors in addition to oxygen deprovation because some babies come through fine and others are severely disabled)

the one thing you will always need is a Dr. who likes to treat you. You rob yourself of something you need by pursuing justice.

Lori-ann

Postby Lori-ann » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:40 am

I agree, Kathie. That is precisely why we have not gone down that road.

Tmagic650

Postby Tmagic650 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:32 am

It is "natural" for doctors and hospital administrators to protect themselves in all instances. Right or wrong... I was placed in an incubator for six weeks right after I was born. This incubator contained pure oxygen. Pure oxygen damages newborn brains!
Spastic Diplegia CP
aka Kurt... Sometime walks, sometime rolls

jennifer18

Postby jennifer18 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:13 am

I was born premature I wighted 2 pounds and 13 and I had heart condtions too but I still have them sometimes (I can't drink Caffine to much).

When I was born my doctor sent me to Childrens Hospital for heart surgery, they cut me beside my stomach because of my lungs then they cut on my left side of my shoulder blade for my heart.............my heart stopped while I was on the plane, my family calls me a miracle baby

Toronto9

medical malpractice attorneys louisiana

Postby Toronto9 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:50 am

Hello,
In Louisiana, there are special procedures which must be followed in medical malpractice cases. For example, in Louisiana, a claim must be filed with the State before a lawsuit can be filed. This claim is then reviewed by a panel of three Louisiana doctors, who give an opinion about whether any health care provider committed malpractice.Only after the panel has reached its decision can a lawsuit be filed. There are many complicated details to this Louisiana panel procedure, and many traps for the inexperienced Louisiana attorney

jaisekrane

Re: misdiagnosed w/heart condition at birth

Postby jaisekrane » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:23 am

misdiagnosis on an illness is something serious that you should act upon. Medical malpractice cause life altering effects on patients. So take legal action now.
Nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced.
Albert Einstein

--hip lawyer--

jamiesuns

Postby jamiesuns » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:17 pm

i think there are limit in filing of a suit depending on the policy of every state. so it's better if you consult an attorney.
I'm not a politician. I'm not a lawyer. I'm just a country boy.

Max Burns - @ depuy hip recall

maddyjones8717

Postby maddyjones8717 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:24 pm

This is clearly a case of medical malpractice. i think you should talk to a medical malpractice lawyers in nj to make things easier.

pudetat

Postby pudetat » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:28 am

seriously, just EXACTLY what are you hopeing to achieve by contacting a lawyer? period! at best, you are only going to put your lawyer's kid through college so she can curse the world by becoming one too! is making your lawyer rich going to get rid of your CP? will it make it go away? in the best possible outcome, (which almost never happens by the way) five years from now you might get a settlement. then what? your lawyer will take his share, all or most all of it and leave you with what's left, which usually is next to nothing. the time effort and money spent on persuing a legal case would be far more productively and profitably spent doing something else, even if that something else is nothing.

Justinjude

Postby Justinjude » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Doctors must understand their responsibility and take proper care of the patients. One of the colleagues lost his life due to the negligence of the doctors as they had wrongly treated him. The hospital is a big brand and is known for its medical services. But, life once lost cannot come back so its better to make people work towards the establishment of better medical services and reduce the chances of negligence.

Magbet

Postby Magbet » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:14 am

He is also severely mentally retarded.