Premature birth handled incorrectly

If you think your child may have Cerebral Palsy as a result of medical malpractice, delivery mistakes or birth injuries, post your experiences and get advice here.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

admin
Site Admin

Premature birth handled incorrectly

Postby admin » Mon May 22, 2006 2:18 pm

Hi all,
My mom has always told me that she believes that that my cerebral palsy may have been the result of of the dr's not dealing correctly with my premature birth. I guess they took A LOT of blood from me during inital testing and when my mom went to the dr when she started having the early contractions she was told not to worry about them. As a result I was born 3 months premature. After that she was too busy caring for me to take any legal action. If you are the parent of a child with CP that you believe may have been the result of poor care, make sure you take action as the dr's need to be held liable for their actions.

sashikant

Re: Premature birth handled incorrectly

Postby sashikant » Fri May 06, 2011 10:46 pm

In Louisiana, there are special procedures which must be followed in medical malpractice cases. For example, in Louisiana, a claim must be filed with the State before a lawsuit can be filed. This claim is then reviewed by a panel of three Louisiana doctors, who give an opinion about whether any health care provider committed malpractice.Only after the panel has reached its decision can a lawsuit be filed. There are many complicated details to this Louisiana panel procedure, and many traps for the inexperienced Louisiana attorney

Toronto9

medical malpractice attorneys louisiana

Postby Toronto9 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:49 am

Hello,
In Louisiana, there are special procedures which must be followed in medical malpractice cases. For example, in Louisiana, a claim must be filed with the State before a lawsuit can be filed. This claim is then reviewed by a panel of three Louisiana doctors, who give an opinion about whether any health care provider committed malpractice.Only after the panel has reached its decision can a lawsuit be filed. There are many complicated details to this Louisiana panel procedure, and many traps for the inexperienced Louisiana attorney

jamiesuns

Postby jamiesuns » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:25 pm

well that must be one of the reason. If you believe that there is something like negligence on the part of the doctor and the management then take it slowly. you have to be certain with your actions. get it into an Attorney's consultation first.
I'm not a politician. I'm not a lawyer. I'm just a country boy.

Max Burns - @ depuy hip recall

peterson121

Postby peterson121 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:01 am

Everything supposed to be alright if ever they handled their patients very well.

Venetia Rose

Postby Venetia Rose » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:34 am

Yes, the reasons for Cerebral Palsy in a way can be caused due to the doctor’s negligence. Few of the reasons for Cerebral Palsy are Umbilical cord problems,placental abruptions,uterine rupture,infection, forceps delivery,vacuum extraction delivery,Oligohydramnios,prolonged labor,premature birth,placenta previa,anesthesia mistakes, fetal stroke,preeclampsia,abnormal presentations etc . I suggest you should consult a lawyer and get legal aid . There are plenty of Cerebral Palsy lawyers whom you can consult like Sommers and Roth who can help you to get the maximum benefits.