i'm new and need help please

Discuss mobility tools (hand controls for driving, wheelchairs, walking aids) used to assist you with everyday life.
jodie_louise

i'm new and need help please

Postby jodie_louise » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:05 pm

I'm Jodie i'm 21 and suffer from left sided Hemplegic CP and for a while i've been experiencing pain in my hips and i've been to the doctor and he says it's a muscle spasm in both hips as my right side is working a lot and has became strained etc because of my left side but yet my left hip is the same so he's put me on meds 8 painkillers a day for 2 weeks and he says if i miss one or get stressed even let the cold air get to it it will trigger it i've took pills but they seem to only get rid of pain a little bit also because of the pain i can't walk as far as i used to and i get tired way to easily, the doctor says i possibly need physio but its the walking i'm worried about because after 5 minutes i become tired, out of breath and in pain what do you think i should do? do you think i should tell the doctor and see what he says?
thanks

giril

Re: i'm new and need help please

Postby giril » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:29 am

jodie_louise wrote:I'm Jodie i'm 21 and suffer from left sided Hemplegic CP and for a while i've been experiencing pain in my hips and i've been to the doctor and he says it's a muscle spasm in both hips as my right side is working a lot and has became strained etc because of my left side but yet my left hip is the same so he's put me on meds 8 painkillers a day for 2 weeks and he says if i miss one or get stressed even let the cold air get to it it will trigger it
I've took pills but they seem to only get rid of pain a little bit also because of the pain i can't walk as far as i used to and i get tired way to easily, the doctor says i possibly need physio but its the walking i'm worried about because after 5 minutes i become tired, out of breath and in pain what do you think i should do? do you think i should tell the doctor and see what he says?
thanks

If you want to remove your problems, then you should not hesitate to say anything to your doctor. You can go ahead without any hesitation and ask your doctor for the best solution.

Good luck! :D