Transportation Issues

I decided to create this new form as I am now a parent with Cerebral Palsy and had a child in Nov. of 2012. I would like to have other parents who have Cerebral Palsy and are raising a child or children share their experiences here.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

admin
Site Admin

Transportation Issues

Postby admin » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:36 pm

If you have read the "About Me" section, you know that I now have a child that is a little over 1 year old. Due to my mobility issues and tendencies to fall from time to time, I knew that I could not hold my baby and walk at the same time...too much risk! After some thinking, I was able to overcome this obstacle fairly easily. What I would do is use a large blanket and place her on it if I needed to transport her around the house. I could then drag the blanket with her on it until I got to a safe place where I could sit and pick her up. Just wanted to share this method with any other parents with Cerebral Palsy as it worked quite well for me. It is much easier now that she is walking ;-). All I have to do is put her on the floor and she will walk where I go...for now at least until she stops listening ;-)

Serebral

Re: Transportation Issues

Postby Serebral » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 am

I was able to overcome this obstacle fairly easily.