I NEED YOUR HELP!

Post updates on current Cerebral Palsy treatments and ask questions on current treatments

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

morlzmeister

I NEED YOUR HELP!

Postby morlzmeister » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:36 am

Hi everyone,
I'm a 2nd year Product Design student at the University of Leeds in the UK and I'm currently working on a project about inclusive design.
My brief is to design a product that assists people suffering from a long-term health condition in daily life whilst reinventing the term assistive technology. I need to design something that not only aids the person with their task, but provides the means to increase confidence, aspiration, participation and self-reliance.
I chose to design for people with Cerebral Palsy as my brother has it so I have a lot of experience with the kind of products and technology that is available.
As part of my research I'm trying to find out as much as I can about what concerns people with Cerebral Palsy, what is important to you and what you feel would improve your quality of life.
I would be very grateful if you could respond with any information you think would help me as I'd like views of people other than my moody, teenage brother!
Thank you!

Kate :D