Thought i'd share some good news with you all

Here parents of children with Cerebral Palsy can post questions about caring for their child and get advice on special needs and care.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

Ellie'sMum

Thought i'd share some good news with you all

Postby Ellie'sMum » Thu May 06, 2010 12:26 am

Hi,

Just thought i'd share some good news with you all, Ellie (2yrs) has started to walk, she's been taking a few steps across the living room and holding my hand and walking when we're out. She has also started walking with her frame, as you can imagine its a huge relief and a day i was starting to think would never come!!

I have also just been granted Carers Allowence so the financial pressure is eased as well!!

I just wanted to post this so that people who have just been given the news and are finding it hard to deal with ( i still have bad days) will see that there is hope, and it might take a while but in the end you get there and all the hard work has been worth it, the look on her face when she can walk to the trolleys at Tesco is amazing!!

Bennysmom

Re: Thought i'd share some good news with you all

Postby Bennysmom » Fri May 07, 2010 7:33 am

Thats really exciting. Congrats. I've had some emotional nights thinking I will never celebrate a first step with Ben. Maybe I will maybe I wont but I will celebrate other things.

I am really pleased for you and your family and your daughter

LeaciesMum

Re: Thought i'd share some good news with you all

Postby LeaciesMum » Fri May 07, 2010 6:02 pm

WOOHOO . . . Well done Ellie. That's awesome news mum, I can just imagine how you feel. She'll go from strength to strength now I'm sure. Eventually she might even just end up on sticks. Great news about the Carers Allowance too, I'm not sure how it compares with the Australian one but I know ours certainly helps a bit.

Like Bennysmom I still have my up and down days, but the down days are few and far apart now. I think the hardest thing for me is watching the little brothers and sisters at school playing and scampering while waiting for their sibling to come out is the hardest for me. My girl is 4 in a couple of weeks and in a wheelchair, she can walk short distances in a Hart Walker but that's fully supported. I watch her watching them with a big smile on her face, she knows she can't do what they do, it's only me that knows what she's missing out on and it hurts.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful news, I love hearing the accomplishments of our wonderful children.
* A Strong Mind Can Compensate For A Weak Body *