Mexico Stem Cell treatment

Here parents of children with Cerebral Palsy can post questions about caring for their child and get advice on special needs and care.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

Bennysmom

Mexico Stem Cell treatment

Postby Bennysmom » Mon May 24, 2010 1:40 pm

I just wanted to share the good news that after waiting since Janurary to hear anything we are going to Mexico on June 13th so our Ben can undergo the stem cell treatment. I am very excited but currently quite worried about money. BUt we'll do it somehow

LeaciesMum

Re: Mexico Stem Cell treatment

Postby LeaciesMum » Mon May 24, 2010 7:07 pm

Oh wow that's fantastic news. I wish you all the best for the trip and the treatment. I look forward to hearing all about it when you come back. How long before you'll see any results? And is it just one treatment or is it a course?

I hope the next few weeks fly by, good luck with the finances too. Maybe hold a fundraiser or two?
* A Strong Mind Can Compensate For A Weak Body *

Bennysmom

Postby Bennysmom » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:33 am

Its just one treatment. We will be in mexico for a week. They say you should see results after 4-6 months. You can do more treatments in the future but it depends on money and things like that. One mom, I think shes on here. sarahsmom did it once in Germany and once in Mexico. She is the reason we heard about the trial.

For the first 4 days they inject into him to stimulate stem cells on the 5th day they take them from his bone marrow and reinject them into the back of his neck through lumbar puncture

LeaciesMum

Postby LeaciesMum » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Wow that's quite a wait for results, I think that's the hardest part with our kids, playing the waiting game for almost everything. But oh man the end results should be so worth the wait. I'm really excited for you all.

I hope the injections and transfer aren't too painful for him. Will they do the lumbar puncture under general anaesthetic? When Aleacia had to have her's they waited until she was under anaesthetic getting her botox, and because the stupid hospital lost her specimen they'll repeat the test when she's under having her next MRI.

I'm really looking forward to hearing how things go. Good luck
:D
* A Strong Mind Can Compensate For A Weak Body *

Bennysmom

Postby Bennysmom » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:58 am

He will be under anestisia for the withdrawl of the stem cells and the lumbar puncture. It will hurt when he wakes up but nothing to sever. We were told to bring tylenol for the pain so it cant be that bad.

marjorie

Postby marjorie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:56 am

Stem therapy is the newly discovered kind of treatment known to be more effective than the other treatments available today. Stem cell information is very significant to us in order to dig deeper and fathom the issues associating stem therapy. Studying human embryonic stem cells could generate information about events that occur during early human development. Extensive research is being carried out in various parts of the world to determine the specific combination of chemicals signals that will induce stem cells to differentiate into brain and nerve tissue as well as an array of organ tissue, including heart, pancreas, and liver.

CTillman

Postby CTillman » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi BennysMom!

have you seen any improvement yet? I am seriously considering taking my son to a clinic in Cancun for stem cell therapy as well. Any information at all would be most appreciated.

My son has a moderate case of Spastic Diplegia and PVL.

Carla

mike0009

Postby mike0009 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:43 am

Thanks to International Stem Cell Institute (ISCI), there’s no need to wait until the FDA approves legislation to receive stem cell therapy. Stem cell treatment using non-controversial stem cells from placenta is already available in Mexico.

CTillman

Postby CTillman » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:18 am

Availability is known. Efficacy is the question. :)

Has anyone here had first hand experience?