Yoga for the special needs child

Here parents of children with Cerebral Palsy can post questions about caring for their child and get advice on special needs and care.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

special-son

Yoga for the special needs child

Postby special-son » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:51 am

Anyone tried and had luck with yoga? The book "Yoga for the special needs child" was recommended to me by our last PT. Has this helped anyone stay limber?

Thanks,
Special-son

Lillehammer94

Postby Lillehammer94 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:33 pm

Hi,

I bought the book last year but with school (I'm in my second year of college) haven't had much time to try the stretches. I have read through parts of the book though and really like it.

Flying Dragoon

Yoga for children with special needs

Postby Flying Dragoon » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:58 pm

I have tried the book with my now 6 months old son and I have the luck to have found two excellent yoga practitioners in UK and Spain. The way they work with the kid is nothing but fantastic: gentle movements and streching, sounds and songs. It is a pleasure to see this people working with the kid (and I find this very therapeutical for myself too).

I think this is a fantastic idea, unfortunately, my son is now wearing a cast for the next three months as his left hip was completelly dislocated. We can only work with him at this time on his upper limbs neck and eye movements...