New to this!!!

Here parents of children with Cerebral Palsy can post questions about caring for their child and get advice on special needs and care.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

sarahlou

New to this!!!

Postby sarahlou » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Helloo ,,
Hope you all dont mind me writing on here and i guess i am on here too early but i have a 7 month old little boy, and i think he may have Cerebral palsy due to his birth, He was born dead and the doctors managed to bring him back, He then had a cool cap on which reduces further brain damage,I look at the net and at times maybe i shouldnt but he has some of the signs, for example his had in a fist a times and he cant hold his head up yet, its a bit early for them to say he has but at times i feel bad for saying he might have it cos i dont know, just a waiting game xx

TyAndCheyMommy

Re: New to this!!!

Postby TyAndCheyMommy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Hugs
The waiting game is often the worst part. Having a diagnosis doesn't really fix anything, but having that name to it often helps us process.
Hang in there. Trust your instincts. If you feel that your current doctor isn't taking your concerns seriously, then find another one.

sarahlou

Re: New to this!!!

Postby sarahlou » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:02 am

Oh yeah i agree with you, it wouldnt change anything and he has done so well, I just want to know because i think he has it and it would be nice to know where we stand and deal with it if you know what i mean, I know the internet is not always a good thing to look at but he has the signs, They wont say yet because he is too young but at my next consultant app i might ask can they say it or not.x