causes

Here parents of children with Cerebral Palsy can post questions about caring for their child and get advice on special needs and care.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

graysonbaby

causes

Postby graysonbaby » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:25 am

i just got the diagnosis of cp. my son is 16 months, was 3.5 months preemie and spent 2 months in the nicu. i hated him in the nicu.
one thing that i can't get over is the fact that they literally called him "spidy baby" when he was just weeks old, as he rolled over and climbed the walls of the incubator. i saw it for myself and a nurse told me they all nicknamed him that, b/c he did it all the time. he wanted out. after that i never saw him roll or move again and to this day he has trouble hence having mild cp. What did they do??? I think they gave him something to control him and caused this. I am crying now and can't sleep at night. I wish i would have been more alert and aware, and fought to get him out of that nicu and take him home. i do believe he didn't need it. but, the fact that our insurance would pay for it, they kept him to the day and minute they'd get paid. he was a healthy 7 lbs and still in there!!! other 2 lbers where going home on monitors, etc... b/c they didn't have insurance. anyway, i'm in a bad time of it right now. any thougths or suggestions? thank you.
brandi and grayson.