struggling coming out of work

Here parents of children with Cerebral Palsy can post questions about caring for their child and get advice on special needs and care.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

michelle

struggling coming out of work

Postby michelle » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:01 am

Hi im new to this site which i would firstly like to say is great. I was wondering if anybody was having the same problem as me at the moment. I am a deputy manager of a private day nursery which is extremely busy and managing 38 staff. I do love my job but at the moment i am finding it very stressful and i am feeling torn between my daughter Ria Lucy who is four in June and my responsibilities and duties at work. Ria has had lots of appointments at various places and equipment delivered at home which is meaning for me to have more time away from work. Although they have always supported me i feel it is becoming a problem at the moment. My other problem not just leaving work but losing money from work when im at appointments with Ria, this is having an impact on our finances as we are putting more petrol in the car to attend places paying for car parking fees as i am still waiting on a blue badge. All this is causing me to feel stressed, i feel guilty when with Ria at appointments and tend to clock watch which is awful then feel guilty when i leave her then at nursery upset after doing an hour physio, then feel guilty for going in work late. Is there anybody who feels the same or could advise me in anyway please. Ria is due to start school in September and that is another thing i am worried about and my Managing Director does not seem to be open for suggestions.

Thank you
:(
Michelle xx

code

Re: struggling coming out of work

Postby code » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Funny, my daughter's name is Rya. She's 11 months and has spastic hemiplegia. I work full-time and have a full-time fellowship and even with my wife being a stay-at-home-mom, I miss more days than my colleagues.

I sometimes struggle with dead-lines because of Rya's schedule. It's pretty demanding and for many of them I feel I need to be there. We're still in the discovery phase of everything, so we feel that for the vital first-time appointments we should both be there.

I completely sympathize with you!

sarahsmom

Postby sarahsmom » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm currently finishing up my master's degrees but I don't work right now. My husband works full-time and is rarely able to attend any therapies with Sarah. Do you have someone who can help you? Perhaps your mother or MIL can take your daughter to a few therapy appointments. Do you have any therapists that work on the weekends or in the evenings, so you can go after work?
Want to see a pic of my DD Sarah? Go to her blog at http://helping-sarah.blogspot.com

Bennysmom

Postby Bennysmom » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:34 am

My husband and I both work at the same location. I have weekends off but my husband has a weekday and Sunday off. Sometimes I wish I also had a weekday as it is right now I either have to book time off work to take Ben to anything or I have to overload my husband by booking everything on his day. Sometimes he has 2 or 3 appointments in 1 day plus all our banking and anything that needs to be done on a weekday.