Double buggy for baby and 3 year old with CP

Here parents of children with Cerebral Palsy can post questions about caring for their child and get advice on special needs and care.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

suemairi

Double buggy for baby and 3 year old with CP

Postby suemairi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:05 am

I am expecting a baby in July and have a 3 year old with mild CP. My wee boy is walking well, if awkwardly, but tires easily and so still uses a buggy. He has just turned 3 but is big for his age at 17.3kg and 160cm long. I'm looking for something that is comfortable for a newborn but that my son can jump into when tired or if we need to walk a distance. Most double buggies are too small for him. Has anyone bought a Phil & Ted double buggy? This states it is suitable up to age 5 but bit dubious! Just looking for something that will do him the next year/ 18 months. Any ideas??
Sue

lifetimelove

Re: Double buggy for baby and 3 year old with CP

Postby lifetimelove » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:16 pm

My son is over 16 kilos and fits in the phil and ted with room to spare. I didn't use it much as a double stroller until my baby was several months old - I prefer to wear them in a sling or mai tei when they're little. But I think the phil & ted should work fine with your son.

Bennysmom

Postby Bennysmom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:23 am

I am having a similar problem. My son is only 14 months but cannot walk and doesn't really show signs of doing so anytime soon if ever. We are expecting our second in November. I had sort of picked a double stroller online but havent bought it yet. It's called Contours Tandem. I like it beacuse the 2 kids can face each other and both seats have straps over the shoulders but I never throught to look at the weight it carries which was prolly a large oversight of mine so I'll have to go look now.

Bennysmom

Postby Bennysmom » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:47 am

I just looked at the weight it carrys, It says 40 lbs per child seat so my Oldest would prolly be about 4 by that point and my newest would be 2 so I think I am going to go with this stroller. I really like it and I can afford it.