sleep

Post your experiences regarding physician care for Cerebral Palsy - Good or bad

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

Andrew Short

sleep

Postby Andrew Short » Tue May 25, 2010 5:22 pm

I am 30 years old with cerebral palsy and I live in Canberra Australia. I sometimes find it hard to go to sleep and wake normally 4 sometimes earlier with sore muscles. I find that cuddling a pillow helps with better breathing.

I use a sleepmask (the one by Tempur) What’s the best way /mask to cover the eyes during sleep so that if you awake you are completely blind, ie the mask does not fall off?

Michealleo

Re: sleep

Postby Michealleo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:08 am

Well some patients having the same issues But i guess that xanax would be work fine in this case . Because when i had have this kinda problem i was just talking xanax and it was working fine for me . You should also try it .
Micheal

Justinjude

Postby Justinjude » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:15 pm

Sleep is really essential for every individual. Follow these suggestions and you will find it easier to sleep.

1- Follow a healthy diet comprising of fresh fruits and vegetables.
2- Do not work just before going to bed. Reading a book though might help.
3- Make sure your body gets sufficient sunlight. Do not remain indoors always, try and spend some time out in the sun. The recommended time is morning between 7-8 am.
4- Do not keep Television in your bedroom.
5- Laugh a lot and keep away the stress...think of "Life is an ice cream, eat it before it melts" ... :D
6- Follow a timely schedule of going to bed and waking up.

Regarding the Sleeping mask, you may try anyone, there are more or less the same thing.

pudetat

Postby pudetat » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 pm

i don't see how you get from having a simple adjusment issue with a mask ever get solved with a priscription drug?

Alix

Postby Alix » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Eat healthy diet and drink more water.Diet is so important for health.You need some mental calmness.Try yoga for mental health.It is good for physical and mental fitness.

pudetat

Postby pudetat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:23 am

i apologize for sounding ignorant with my post. Valium, Xanax or any other drug with "pam" in it's last syllable of its chemical name, is what is refered to as a tranquilizer. except for short-term use, ie two weeks or less, these drugs are counterindicated for use as a sleep-aid. the user quickly developes a tolorance for them, they are highly addictive by themselves, and even more habit-forming when used as a sleep-aid. your physician should allready be aware that CP does not go away with time and theorfore this would not be considered anything like short-term use.

the single biggest predictor of a good nights sleep is a day filled with activity, not sitting in a haze of tranquility. when you wake-up, get up. when you get up, do something. get regular exposure to sunlight or it's equivelent on a schedule during daytime hours. turn the lights out at night. i am fully aware in writing this that many persons with CP would find this advise, as simplistic as it is, to be quite a challenge to carry out, especially for those with severe mobility difficulties. i'm also certain that this advise can be adapted to the individual as it applies. need i mention that the Bible mentions this very advise more than once? maybe this is not the forum for that. if you are unable "get up" in any physical way, then may i suggest mental exercize. play a game of some sort on a computer, but don't just stop there, set up a time limit that the game does not require, like three seconds per move in a game of solitare, etc. the point is to do something challenging. sitting in a chair watching tv and waiting for dinner-time to arrive or similar passive activities don't count. spend time helping someone on a forum like this one.

Dario

Postby Dario » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:21 am

I it is important that the mattress was not very smooth and soft.